Sunday, March 27, 2011

Oracle VM VirtualBox Upgrade - Version 4.0.4

I have been running on Oracle VM VirtualBox 3.x for quite sometime. I use to ignore the upgrade dialog box and kept saying to myself that I will upgrade next time. Finally, I made my mind to upgrade to the latest and the greatest version “4.0.4”. The upgrade was pretty straight forward.

When I tried to start one of the Virtual Machines, I was greeted with the following error:

I blamed myself for upgrading the stuff but the error message was quite straight forward. I was asked to install “Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack”. You can download it from here.

When you try to install a Warning pops up as shown below. Click on the “Install” button and you are done.

The next message that pops up is the success of extension pack installation.

I can now start all my VM’s. ;)

No comments: